How many fads and crazy diets have you tried? Even though deep in your heart you know this isn’t the proper way to get rid of any extra weight, do you still hope that this one is the miracle you’ve been hoping for?
It’s time to get out of the infomercial-driven market and realize that the real miracle diet is in natural methods of weight loss using nature’s own miracle foods.
By incorporating natural foods and strategies, you’ll be able to lose the weight you’ve been hanging onto for good.
Here are some natural foods to provide you with an upper hand in your weight loss battle:
1. Choose brown rice over white rice. Why brown rice? The answer is simple, fiber. Brown rice is loaded with fiber. Due to the simple fact that the rice’s hull is kept intact during its processing, it retains its fiber content.
* The natural fiber in brown rice allows our systems to run smoother and keeps us full for much longer than low fiber white rice.
* Brown rice can be found in any grocery store, usually next to the white rice. Throw some extra vegetables or herbs into the rice for some extra flavor and variety.
2. Choose sweet potatoes over white potatoes. They aren’t just for Thanksgiving anymore! Sweet potatoes are high in anti-oxidants and vitamins and are absolutely delicious as well.
* Providing many more nutrients than a typical white potato, they’re low in calories and a great weight loss food choice.
* Peel and cut sweet potatoes into chips or shoestring fries and roast in the oven for a tasty and colorful treat.
3. Water. Water is at the top of the list for a natural weight loss strategy. It sounds pretty obvious, but the truth is, we don’t tend to drink enough water every day. Not only does water flush out toxins and impurities, but it also helps in raising the metabolism, regulating body temperature and keeping our heart and brain healthy.
* Be aware that the popular flavored waters often add some kind of sugar, artificial sweetener, or even salt to the formula, making them less healthy than plain water. Stick to the natural stuff!
4. Legumes and beans. The benefits that beans and legumes provide are absolutely outstanding! They’re low in fat and high in fiber, making them a great choice for weight loss. They’re also extremely heart-healthy.
* You can find a multitude of recipes online that incorporate legumes and beans. Take some time to do a recipe search and your heart with thank you.
5. Fruit. Fruit is a wonderful addition to any natural weight loss regime. It provides natural energy to make exercising easier and it’s loaded with fiber to keep us full and curb cravings.
* Fruit should be eaten raw to receive its full benefit, especially the fiber. Fruit juice doesn’t provide the same nutritional value as eating an actual piece of fruit.
* Fruit smoothies are an excellent way to start your day. Even if you’re not a breakfast person, smoothies are easy to make and take on the go. Plus if you use fresh fruits, you’ll retain the vitamin content.
6. Vegetables. Vegetables are one of the building blocks of good nutrition, and essential to weight loss success. High in vitamins and nutrients, veggies also provide us with energy to sustain us throughout the day. Plus, they have very little sodium, so they reduce bloating and water weight gain.
* Try to incorporate veggies into your lunches and dinners every day, specifically aim for dark orange and dark green vegetables like squash, spinach, pumpkin, and romaine lettuce. A simple side salad or lettuce and tomato on a sandwich are easy ways to get started.
7. Eat organic and raw. It’s always best when trying to lose weight naturally to utilize organic products as much as possible. Organic produce is free of pesticides and preservatives and raw foods retain all of their natural vitamins and minerals. By ridding your body of these dangerous chemicals, weight loss can occur that much easier.
* Visit your local farmer’s market and support your local farmer. They might also have a larger variety of organic produce than the grocery stores.
Following through with your decision to lose weight can sometimes seem overwhelming. But if you approach it with a few natural tips and tricks under your belt, you’ll be that much closer to weight loss success!